Directorate of Distance Education
Pondicherry University, located amidst the beautiful green cover and on the shores of Bay of Bengal and is one of the top Central Universities in India. Often lauded for its contributions in the Research, students’ Diversity and infrastructure, Pondicherry University stands very high in many other areas including World Class Central Library, state of the art labs, emphatic buildings for differently abled, eco-friendly campus with unique flora and fauna and so on.
Directorate of Distance Education
The University entered in the field of Distance Education in the academic year 1995–96 to cater to the needs of the aspirant students who otherwise could not pursue higher education going to on campus academic programmes. To reach out to all those sections of students who are away from the main stream of academics, the University has conceived and offering several innovative and job-oriented academic programmes. The prime motto of the university is to ‘reach the unreached’ and thus taking higher education to the door steps of all the citizens of the nation through its distance education programmes.
The University has retained its pre-eminent position in offering the various job-oriented academic programmes through Distance Education for the past 25 years. Being in the 25th Year, DDE is proud to launch its own Placement Cell and Alumni Association to mark the glorifying Silver Jubilee Year. The fact is that more than 2,50,000 students have enrolled in various Distance mode Programmes over the years bears testimony to the quality of the Programmes of the Pondicherry University. The students mix includes those who are employed and prefer to enhance their academic credentials, those who missed out the on-campus learning for various reasons, and those who do not have access to higher education, and various categories of disadvantaged groups and segments of the Society.
- Academic Programmes recognized by the AICTE, New Delhi and Distance Education Bureau (DEB) UGC, Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- Affordable fee structure.
- A well-stacked Library exclusively for DDE Students.
- DDE Placement Cell exclusively for DDE Students.
- Bi-annual Job fairs to help the DDE Students to get placed in suitable jobs. DDE, Pondicherry University is the first in India to conduct Job Fairs for Distance Learners.
- Skill Development Webinars exclusive for DDE students.
- Hassle-free admission process: No entrance test and No insistence on Transfer Certificate and Migration certificate.
- Supply of quality study materials for all the subjects along with standard textbooks of premier publishers for select subjects.
- Online Personal Contact Programme classes, Video lectures are uploaded on DDE YouTube Channel and DDE Website, accessible at any time convenient to the Students.
- Our well-placed Alumni are spread over the globe.
- Fee reimbursement for SC/ST students by the respective State Governments.
- Taking help of e-learning processes and advanced tools of pedagogy.
- Communications through Official WhatsApp groups and Group emails.
- 100% Tuition Fee concession for Differently abled persons.
- 50% Tuition Fee concession for the following categories:
- Defence personnel serving in Indian Armed Forces and Para-Military Forces.
- Non-teaching employee of Pondicherry University and their wards (Group B, C & D only)
- Deserted Women