Admissions (offline mode)
Regulations for Admission
Applicants must go through the information brochure carefully before filling-up the application form and enter the course code and name of the program correctly.
The application form and information brochure can be availed from:
- The DDE Office, Pondicherry University, Puducherry–605 014, for free of cost in person.
- Can be download from the University website: pondiuni.edu.in
(Distance Education Link)
Admissions are open to all candidate throughout India who have passed any degree examination under 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 and 11+2+2 system from any University recognized by UGC or any professional degree approved by relevant constituent body.
Documents & Certificates to be sent
- * Demand Draft for amount specified as in the fee structure, drawn in favor of “The Finance Officer, Pondicherry University, Puducherry”, payable at Pondicherry (Write Name, Course applied for, and Phone / Mobile number on the reverse side of the Demand Draft)
- DDE copy of Challan paid in the DDE A/C No.6659354606 at Indian Bank, Pondicherry University branch.
- Online payment gateway challan of DDE from DDE link in Pondicherry University websitewww.pondiuni.edu.in
- Original Certificates and self-attested copies of
- 10th Class (SSLC) Mark Sheet.
- 12th Class (10+2) Mark Sheet.
- Degree/Provisional Certificate/Consolidated Marks Statement. (Original certificates will be sent back immediately by Speed Post after verification)
Candidates awaiting their final year result may also apply and get provisionally admitted. They must produce the Mark Statement/Degree Certificate as proof of fulfilling the prescribed eligibility criteria before 31st March for Calendar year/30th September for Academic year admission failing which, the provisional admission already granted will be cancelled.
A recent passport size photograph should be pasted on the application form in the space provided for it.
Submission of Application Form
The filled-in application shall be sent through Speed/Registered post in cloth line cover to: The Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Pondicherry University, Kalapet, Pondicherry-605014.
The Application will be summarily rejected if there is any discrepancy between the informationintheApplicationformandthesupportingdocuments.Thenameofthe applicant, date of birth, qualification and fees will be considered as material particulars in this context.
Return of Original Certificates
All the Original will be returned after verification. Candidates who do not receive their certificates within a month from the date of admission may write to The Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Pondicherry University, Puducherry–605014.
Change of Course
Change of course will not be entertained at any cost. Candidates seeking admission to the various programs are requested to exercise utmost caution before choosing their course of study.
Applications without supporting documents and incomplete information will be summarily rejected. Admission cannot be claimed as a matter of right. Candidates seeking admission for any program need not submit Transfer Certificates / Migration Certificates.
Enrolment Number will be assigned to the students after confirmation of admission. In all the communications addressed to the Directorate / Office of the Controller of Examinations, reference of this number should be quoted. Letters received without enrolment number will not be entertained.
Duplicate Identity Card
In case the original identity card is lost, a duplicate ID card can be obtained by sending the filled- in form/requisition letter to the Directorate, along with a demand draft for Rs 50/-drawn in favour of “The Finance Officer, Pondicherry University, Puducherry” payable at Pondicherry.
Spot Admission is a process which helps the candidates to seek provisional admission at the authorized SPOT ADMISSION CENTRE by the DDE, Pondicherry University on payment of requisite fees and verification of the original documents.
Interested students are advised to take advantage of the Spot Admission by approaching the Principal/ his representative at the authorized Spot Admission Centre with the following:
1. Fee Payment
Fee Payment (Fee once remitted will not be refunded under any circumstances):
- Demand Draft for amount as specified in the fee structure, drawn in favor of “The Finance Officer, Pondicherry University, Puducherry”, payable at Puducherry. Write your Name, Course Applied for, and the Phone / Mobile number on the reverse side of the Demand Draft.
- DDE copy of Challan paid in the DDE A/C No.413264239 at Indian Bank, Pondicherry University branch.
Online payment gateway of DDE from DDE link in Pondicherry University website www.pondiuni.edu.in (proof of payment if paid through ONLINE).
2. Originals Certificate and attested copies of
- 12th Class (10+2) Mark Sheet
- Degree/Provisional Degree Certificate (Or) Consolidated Mark Sheet
– Incomplete and applications without supporting documents will be summarily
– Admission cannot be claimed as a matter of right.
– No need to submit Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate.
On receipt of the applications from the Spot Admission Centres, the Directorate will dispatch the Admission Confirmation letter and the Identity Card to the admitted students by Registered Post within 30 days from the date of admission at the Spot Admission Centre. Candidates are hereby advised not to approach the Spot Admission Centres for confirmation of their admission.
For the benefit of the candidates, the Directorate has authorized the following Colleges/Institutions to conduct the Spot Admissions. Spot Admission Center List .
DDE Admissions are made easy by going online. All you have to do is fill in the online form, get the original certificates verified and pay the 1st semester fee. Here is how to do it in three steps:
First step: Admission Form
* Fill-up the online Admission form in the DDE portal of Pondicherry University Website.
* All the columns in the application form should be filled-in.
* Passport size photo and digital signature should be uploaded in the online form.
Second step: Payment of Fee
Pay the 1st Semester fee (Refer to the fee details for each course) through online from the DDE portal of Pondicherry University website.
Pay the 1st Semester fee through Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Finance Officer, Pondicherry University”. Name of the candidate, Application number, Enrolment number, Course Name, Nature of fee should be clearly indicated on the backside of the Demand Draft.
Pay the 1st semester fee through bank transfer to the DDE account of “The Finance Officer, Pondicherry University ” Account Number: 6659354606 and send the bank transaction details print out to this Directorate without fail.
Pay the 1st Semester fee in the Indian Bank , Pondicherry University Branch, through challan to DDE A/C No. 6659354606 and submit the DDE copy of the challan in the DDE office.
- Postal orders, Money Orders, Mail Transfers and Cash Payments/Credit Cards will not be accepted.
- Fee once remitted will not be considered for refund except under circumstances mentioned in the statutes, the ordinances of University, circulars and notices issued from time to time.
Third step: Certificate Verification
After applying online, send the following documents for verification to The Director, DDE (Students may also visit DDE in person for certificate verification):
- Online admission form print out
- Original and self- attested copies of
- Degree/Provisional Certificate (for PG Courses only)
- Consolidated Mark Statement of Degree (for PG Courses only)
- HSC (+2) Mark sheet
- SSLC (10th Std) Mark sheet
- Aadhar card
The students may also verify their original certificates in any of the following Spot Admission Centers: (Spot Admission Centers shall verify and return the Original Certificates immediately to the students).